edubuntu-fr - Re: [edubuntu] salutation

edubuntu-fr AT listes.ubuntu-fr.org

Objet : Edubuntu-FR ML

Re: [edubuntu] salutation

  • From: francois <francois.barillon AT ac-orleans-tours.fr>
  • To: edubuntu-fr AT lists.ubuntu-eu.org
  • Subject: Re: [edubuntu] salutation
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 23:32:36 +0200

Je ne peux m'empêcher de citer un message qui vient de passer sur la
liste internationale :

----

I've been involved in and read many discussions of what Edubuntu
actually *is* (or should be) - what we define Edubuntu as, what we can
call it. I'm going to tell you all what I think it is and what I think
it should continue to be. You can take a hike if you don't like what I
say.

Edubuntu is a community of people.

Edubuntu is NOT a product. It's not a shiny liveCD, liveDVD, liveUSB, a
distro, a collection of metapackages, LTSP, documentation, bugfixes to
educational apps, themes, artwork, or marketing.

Edubuntu is a community of people.

What we do (projects) within the community should be encouraged and
supported, as long as the goals of these individual projects align with
"Edubuntu" (Ubuntu + Education). Edubuntu can produce many things that
benefit Ubuntu in Education. In fact, Edubuntu should produce ALL
things
that benefit Ubuntu in Education. That means specific Edubuntu tailored
liveCDs/USB sticks, Ubuntu educational metapackages, LTSP, educational
themes and artwork, great documentation, bugfixes to educational
applications upstream and within Ubuntu, marketing, technical support
and anything else we can possibly think of now and in the future. Each
one of these projects can be spearheaded by any number of adequately
motivated people within the greater Edubuntu community. If a project
fails, then so be it. It was probably never meant to be. It doesn't
mean
that the Edubuntu community fails because a project within it does.

As long as the Sun still shines down on our planet, Edubuntu will
continue to be a community of people that bring the ideals of open
source and the best possible tools and environments to the children,
teachers, schools and scholars of the world.

Edubuntu is a community of people. We shouldn't be trying to limit
ourselves beyond this scope.

- Jordan

----

C'est beau comme du Sakespeare, non ? (désolé pour ceux qui ne la lisent
pas)

François

Archives gérées par MHonArc 2.6.18.

Haut de le page